【#Vivien Yeo’s Beauty & Lifestyle】Discover the beauty power of anthocyanins, the secret weapon to rejuvenate the skin!
I wonder if you, like me, have been constantly searching for that secret weapon capable of truly transforming the condition of our skin. This time, I would like to share with you a remarkable discovery - anthocyanins!
This miraculous natural substance not only makes our skin more beautiful but also offers numerous benefits to our overall health. Let us uncover the mysterious veil of anthocyanins together and explore the wonderful advantages they bring us.
Firstly, let's understand the source of anthocyanins. They can be found in many fruits, vegetables, and flowers, imparting vibrant colors to them. Purple grapes, blueberries, and purple cabbage are all representative examples of rich in anthocyanins. It is precisely these brightly colored foods that lend anthocyanins their unique charm.
The main characteristics of anthocyanins include:
1) They possess anti-inflammatory and antioxidant abilities, reducing inflammation in the body's tissues and helping to neutralize free radicals to prevent damage to cells and tissues.
2) They effectively prevent diabetes by promoting insulin sensitivity and assisting in regulating blood sugar levels.
3) They contribute to cardiovascular protection by maintaining normal cell connections and vascular stability, reducing inflammation and damage to blood vessel walls, and lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
4) They slow down skin aging, attenuating the aging process of the skin and reducing the formation of wrinkles and pigmentation.
5) They increase the production of the photosensitive pigment "rhodopsin" in the eyes, improving visual sensitivity in dim lighting conditions and preventing severe nearsightedness. They also maintain the integrity of fine blood vessels, enhance their elasticity, promote blood circulation, alleviate eye pain and discomfort, and improve eye fatigue.
6) They effectively brighten skin tone by promoting blood circulation in the skin and enhancing microcirculation, resulting in a more even and radiant complexion.
How can we intake enough anthocyanins?
The simplest way is to consume more foods rich in anthocyanins, such as blueberries, purple grapes, purple cabbage, and black goji berries. In particular, black goji berries have an anthocyanin content 22 times higher than that of blueberries, and they are also richer in nutrients, including vitamins and minerals. It is recommended to soak black goji berries in water, using cold or lukewarm water, and wait for about 5 minutes before consuming. Remember to drink all the water and then eat the black goji berries.
Due to high temperatures, the anthocyanins in black goji berries can be destroyed. Therefore, it is recommended to steep them in water at temperatures between 50-75 degrees Celsius.
Certainly, in addition to dietary intake, we can also choose skincare products that contain anthocyanins to enhance the skin's antioxidant capacity. These products can be incorporated into daily skincare routines to provide comprehensive protection and nourishment for the skin.
In addition to anthocyanins' ability to enhance the skin's antioxidant capacity, glutathione also possesses strong antioxidant effects. Therefore, I regularly take GLOWHITE，which contains glutathione that combats free radicals and peroxides. Apart from cell repair, it also offers "whitening" benefits. Additionally, I complement it with Curve UP+ for consumption, which effectively helps replenish lost collagen in the body to maintain youthful and radiant skin!